Module 4: Appeals

Section 4.5 Judicial review

A petitioner may choose to petition for judicial review in district court instead of the state records committee if the chief administrative officer denies the petitioner’s appeal. Any party to a proceeding of the state records committee may appeal to district court. As with an appeal hearing before the state records committee, the governmental entity may present evidence and written and oral testimony

The Rules of Civil Procedure apply and a governmental entity involved in judicial review should seek legal counsel.