Iron County (Utah). County Recorder Mining location notices indexes
These records are housed in the Utah State Archives' permanent storage room.
An agency history is available.
Scope and Content
The Iron County recorder created an index to notices of location for mining claims and related documents such as proof of labor, intent to hold a claim, certificates of location and leases. For each entry the recorder included the names of locators, the name of the claim, and the mining district in which it was located. For each entry he or she identified the type of document, the date of its creation and recording, and the book and page number where recorded.
Chronological by date.
Index volumes are in chronological order. Each index alternates pages referencing the names of mining claims and the names of claim locators, thus providing access either by the name of a claim or by the names of individuals who located claims. Thereunder, entries are alphabetically grouped and roughly chronological in order.
Mining location notices from Iron County (Utah). County Recorder, Series 6144, contain documents referenced by this index.
Agreements and leases from Iron County (Utah). County Recorder, Series 13055, contain a few documents referenced by this index.
Mining location notices (placer claims) from Iron County (Utah). County Recorder, Series 23952, contain documents referenced by this index.
Miscellaneous records from Iron County (Utah). County Recorder, Series 23981, contain documents referenced by this index.
This series is classified as Public.
Cite the Utah State Archives and Records Service, the creating agency name, the series title, and the series number.
Iron County mining locations index was microfilmed by Utah State Archives in November 1974 and processed by Rosemary Cundiff in November 2001.
- Mining corporations—Utah—Iron County.
- Mining claims—Utah—Iron County.
- Mines and mineral resources—Utah—Iron County.
- Mining districts—Utah.
|1||Index to Mining Location Notices 1; 1920-1947|
|2||Index to Mining Location Notices 2; 1948-1960|