- We will expand and enhance cooperative networks of archival institutions, thereby encouraging communication, providing training, supporting responsible acquisition, improving preservation quality standards, reducing barriers to access, and promoting professional activity.
- We will assist repositories to improve the quality of their archival services, including acquisition, preservation, and access.
- We will promote public awareness of the value and diversity of documentary sources and encourage their use.
- We will help the archival community and the public prepare for the management of new and changing record formats including electronic records.
- Promote Archives month.
- Work for an endowment for History Fair students awarding best projects using repositories and/or original source documents.
- Participate with the Utah Manuscripts Committee and cooperate on joint projects.
- Distribute information about training opportunities and seminars to archivists throughout the state.
- Conduct a training assessment, especially assessing needs of smaller institutions in the state.
- Develop a directory of Utah repositories.
- Support electronic initiative to preserve electronic records.
- Support the access to records through new formats such as digitization.
- Support the Mountain West Digital Library.
- Seek NHPRC and other grants to foster a wide range of records identification, preservation, and access activities.
- Promote the development of regional repositories.
Page Last Updated August 11, 2008.