Standards and Best Practices
The Utah State Archives believes in using nationally recognized standards and best practices for optimum quality, usability, and interoperability with other organizations and applications.
- Utah State Archives Imaging Guidelines (2013), summary of resolution and bit depth to use for textual, photographic and film materials.
- NISO Framework for Building Good Digital Collections, 3rd edition, http://www.niso.org/publications/rp/framework3.pdf
- Handbook for Digital Projects: A Management Tool for Preservation and Access, http://www.nedcc.org/digital/dman.pdf
- Mountain West Digital Library Dublin Core Application Profile, http://mwdl.org/docs/MWDL_DC_Profile_Version_2.0.pdf
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative Terms, http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard (Second Edition), http://www2.archivists.org/standards/describing-archives-a-content-standard-second-edition-dacs
- BCR Digital Imaging Best Practices 2.0, http://mwdl.org/public/mwdl/digital-imaging-bp_2.0.pdf
- BCR Digital Audio Best Practices
- National Archives and Records Administration Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Archival Materials for Electronic Access: Creation of Production Master Files - Raster Images, http://archives.gov/preservation/technical/guidelines.html
Page Last Updated September 19, 2013.