Series 30142Murray City School District (Utah) 24th School District record
Dates: 1885-1894; 1904-1905
These records are housed in the Utah State Archives' permanent storage room.
An agency history is available.
Scope and Content
This series contains a single bound volume used to record business of the 24th School District. The book was used to track district finances and for keeping meeting minutes for the board of trustees. The record includes a variety of information about such things as school board elections, taxation, income, expenditures, appointment of teachers, and school buildings. The 24th District covered the area of what became southwest Murray when the city incorporated in 1903 and later became known as the Liberty School. When the Murray City School District was formed in 1905, administration of all the schools in the city were consolidated into one district and this record of the 24th District School was inherited by the city school district.
Generally chronological by school year.
The book in this series came into the custody of the Murray City School District in 1905, when the 24th District was absorbed into the larger city district. The Murray City School District gave the book to the Murray City Museum in 2016. The museum transferred the book to the State Archives in 2021.
This series is classified as Public.
Cite the Utah State Archives and Records Service, the creating agency name, the series title, and the series number.
Gaps in SeriesThe book in this series is labelled "Book No. 2," suggesting that there was an earlier record book. The whereabouts of the earlier book are unknown.
Page Last Updated .