About the Archives
Staff DirectoryPhone numbers and email addresses for entire staff.
CalendarLegal holidays and closures that may affect the Research Center and other locations.
Strategic PlanGoals, objectives, and action items in a strategic plan updated annually.
Service PlanServices, methods, and performance measures required by Utah Code § 63A-1-111.
Customer SurveyAnnual summary of customers served.
Our HistoryPublic records with historical value have been collected since 1917.
The purpose of the State Archives is to assist Utah government agencies in the efficient management of their records, to preserve those records of enduring value, and to provide quality access to public information.
Outreach and Advocacy Guide
This guide defines what we mean when we talk about “outreach and advocacy” and its application at the Utah State Archives and Records Service. It provides context for why we commit to a coordinated approach to outreach, and how we execute it effectively. This report is intended to educate Archives staff and stakeholders, and help ensure that we have a shared understanding and vocabulary when it comes to the goals of outreach and advocacy.
The information in this guide is compiled from discussion and planning that was conducted at the first Archives Outreach and Advocacy Summit, which was held virtually on May 21, 2020. Participants were selected based on the roles they hold as program and team managers who interface with unique user groups served by the Utah State Archives.
Participants at the summit (including their roles) were:
- Ken Williams (Director)
- Jim Kichas (Assistant Director)
- Lauren Singer Katz (Outreach and Advocacy Program Manager)
- Alan Barnett (Local Government Program Manager)
- Lisa Catano (Records Center Program Manager)
- Rosemary Cundiff (Open Government Program Manager)
- Gina Strack (Digital Archives Program Manager)
- Heidi Stringham (Reference and Access Program Manager)
- Kendra Yates (Records and Information Management Program Manager)
Page Last Updated October 8, 2020.