Government Records Ombudsman & Resources
The Government Records Ombudsman is appointed by the State Archivist. The Ombudsman is familiar with the provisions of GRAMA (Government Records Access and Management Act) and serves as a resource for people who are making government records requests or appealing denials of records requests. The Ombudsman also serves as a resource for government records officers who are responding to records requests. Upon request, the Ombudsman can attempt to mediate disputes between requesters and responders. Please be aware that the Ombudsman does not manage the records of governmental entities.
- How to File a Request for Records under GRAMA
- Navigating the Appeals Process
- Effective Dispute Resolution Strategies (PDF)
- Sharing Records
- Classifying Drafts (PDF)
- What does GRAMA say about fees?
- What does GRAMA say about accessing police reports?
- A Clearly Unwarranted Invasion of Personal Privacy
- Fee waiver hearings
- GRAMA Compliance Checklist
- PRMA Compliance Checklist
Open Government Conferences
Records Officer Certification
- Certification Test
- Training Materials: Records Access and GRAMA Essentials (PDF)
- Training Video: Records Access and GRAMA Essentials
- Training Materials: Records Management Essentials (PDF)
- Register As a Records Officer
GRAMA Training Videos
Page Last Updated September 15, 2023 .